Terms & Conditions
Reservations are made on the understanding that you will abide by these terms and conditions.
“Allinkana” refers to the Allinkana team. “Itaya River Lodge” and “Yanayacu River Lodge” refer to the places where the retreats are held. “The Guest” is the person whose name is on the Booking Form. If you are a group leader booking on behalf of a group of individuals, the term “Guest” also includes all members of the group leader’s party and the group leader agrees to accept responsibility for them.
The following Terms & Conditions have been designed on past practical experience, and serve to prepare our guests for a positive and safe experience. The Guest will be required to sign a copy of the following Terms & Conditions and declaration upon arrival at Allinkana.
1. Allinkana reserves the right to accept or decline a Guest’s booking at any time.
2. The Guest agrees to participate and follow the program and guidelines offered at Allinkana and understands that both Ayahuasca and Huachuma (San Pedro) are visionary plants and is clear on the significance and implications of ingesting them. The Guest confirms they have conducted appropriate research to satisfy themselves on the effects they may have on the body and mind.
3. Allinkana will do its utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of Guests within the ambit of the program. The Guest, in turn, agrees to be responsible and practice caution, safety, respect and consideration for themselves and others during their stay at the retreat.
4. The Guest has made confidential disclosure regarding their medical condition and/or use of medications, Allinkana agrees to keep this in strict confidentiality unless required by law to disclose them and/or for the resolution of any dispute.
5. Prior to entry into this Agreement, the Guest agrees to obtain health or medical advice as to the effect of plants singly and in combination with any medication they are taking. The Guest agrees to notify Allinkana staff members of any change in their medical conditions and understands that withholding medical information could be dangerous to their health. Allinkana is not responsible for the personal decision by the Guest to stop taking medication or change their medication schedule, and accepts no liability for any adverse withdrawal effects from any medication.
6. The Guest avows that by having done so or deemed it unnecessary, they are in fit mental and physical conditions to assist and partake in the activities described in our program and thereby agree that they are freely participating in this experience at their own risk. The guest understands they are fully responsible, at all times during workshops and in ceremonies and will not be forced to participate against their will. The Guest also acknowledges that Allinkana will not be held accountable for any accident or injury as a result of false and misleading personal information.
7. The responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions, professional medical advice, and for acting upon this (or otherwise) lies solely with the Guest. Allinkana is not to be held accountable for any injury or loss of life resulting from false, withheld, incomplete or inaccurate medical information disclosed in the screening form by the Guest.
8. The Guest confirms that they have not been diagnosed with any psychotic disorder, including any form of schizophrenia, schizoaffective, delusional, or bi-polar disorder.
9. Sexual activity between Guests and/or staff is prohibited, this includes married couples. Should a Guest develop a sexual or romantic interest in another person, we strongly advise that any sexual contact be delayed for at least two weeks following the retreat. This is solely suggested to prevent the potentially dangerous crossing of energies and emotional confusion that may result from sex during Ayahuasca sessions and their aftermath.
10. By booking with Allinkana, the Guest has the option of joining any, all, or none of the activities offered within the frame of our workshops and taking any, all or none of the plants available and, should they wish to take them, does so voluntarily, taking full responsibility for their actions.
11. Allinkana agrees to arrange transportation, supply plant medicines, accommodation, and food as part of our workshops during the given dates and within the guidelines supplied (e.g. the Ayahuasca diet). Allinkana is not responsible for any additional costs outside the frame of the program, such as travel, flight cancellations or other interruptions or travel disruptions.
12. Allinkana reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary or costs of this program if necessary or to cancel the program if need be. In the unlikely event that the program is canceled a full refund will be made to the Guest of fees paid to Allinkana. However, Allinkana is not responsible for other costs which the Guest may have incurred on such as transportation or the purchase of any goods or materials.
13. Allinkana will do its best to help with any special requests or needs that the Guest may have but is not under the obligation to do so, also the Guest understands that such requests and their contents, may need to be paid for separately to the program by Allinkana and that they may also have to make their own arrangements at their own cost.
14. In the case of a medical emergency during a workshop, such as an intestinal infection, malaria, high fever, broken or damaged bones, snake bite, etc., (although the likelihood of such an event is extremely rare, we have snake antivenom on hand) the guest will be duly treated to the best of our abilities and if necessary, they shall be escorted by an Allinkana representative to a medical facility in Iquitos for treatment.
15. The Guest will not hold Allinkana liable for damages, injuries, losses, accidents or delays, including wilful or negligent acts, failures to act or breaches of contract by any parties which supply goods or services for our lodge.
16. The Guest will indemnify Allinkana against loss or damage resulting from negligence or criminal activity on their behalf during their stay at our facilities.
17. The Guest has been advised to take suitable medical and travel insurance for their journey and our workshops, covering personal accident, medical expenses, losses, repatriation costs and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience. Group leaders must also ensure that they have adequate public liability insurance to cover themselves and their group in case of accidents or other misfortunes. Allinkana is not liable for such expenses.
18. The Guest and their family understand that the Amazon rain-forest and this program represent travel of a unique nature and will hold Allinkana and its associates, representatives and employees blameless for any injury or ailment occurring during or following this program. If necessary, it is the sole responsibility of the Guest to inform family or friends about this program and ensure their understanding and consent.
19. Cell phones, tablets, laptops and other digital devices can have counterproductive effects and represent a big distraction from your inner process. You may use your cell phone as a camera or a music player; otherwise have it turned off or on airplane mode. Please inform your family and friends that you will be unreachable during your stay with us and in case of an emergency, they may reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. In which case, we will gladly pass on the information to the Guest through our facilitators, during the retreat.
20. The Guest agrees to show respect for the environment they are in and to act with courtesy and dignity towards other group members and local or native people at Allinkana. Should the Guest commit any illegal act or should their behavior adversely affect other people’s enjoyment of this workshop, they may be asked to leave the Center and shall have no entitlement to complaint or refund and will bear any expenses as a result of this.
21. Allinkana reserves the right to expel anyone who is acting out in an excessively negative manner or disrupting the group, staff, and/or shamans. If the Guest’s behavior presents a threat to the safety to themselves or others, the facilitators reserve the right to physically remove or restrain the Guest or even expel them from the Center with no entitlement to complaint or refund and will bear any expenses as a result of this.
22. The Guest agrees that any photographs, videos, film or notes taken by Allinkana staff during the workshop in which the Guest may feature, may be published by Allinkana at any given moment and gives consent to this without consideration unless prior written agreements are made.
23. The Guest agrees to acknowledge Allinkana and this program (including email and website addresses) in any production of their own which may result from their participation in this event, whether this is of a commercial or non-commercial nature. This may include but is not limited to books, articles, films, videos, CDs, tapes, DVDs and productions using on-line resources such as YouTube and Facebook in public broadcasts or diffusion. Such acknowledgement must not, however, be presented as an endorsement by Allinkana of any materials produced by the Guest unless this is expressly agreed in writing.
24. The Guest understands that Allinkana takes safety measures seriously. Any Guest traveling with a knife or concealable weapon is obliged to hand it in for safekeeping till the end of the workshop. Bringing firearms, sharp, piercing or pointed objects to the ceremony is strictly prohibited. If the Guest is found violating this term, they will be expelled from the workshop without prior notice and with no entitlement to complaint or refund and will bear any expenses as a result of this.
25. If the Guest should fail to adhere to these Terms and Conditions and is found violating any of the fundamental restrictions such as the consumption of unapproved prescription drugs; street drugs: marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, LSD, etc., they will be expelled without prior notice and shall have no entitlement to complaint or refund and will bear any expenses as a result of this.
26. Allinkana is not liable for the accidental or self-inflicted injury of any Guest that may occur during or after a workshop. By participating in a workshop at Allinkana and accepting this agreement, the Guest expresses full understanding of and responsibility for the risks that they may encounter during a workshop. The Guest absolves Allinkana, its owners, and employees of such responsibility. The relationship between the Guest and Allinkana is governed by Peruvian law and in the unlikely event that a controversy arises which cannot be resolved personally, both parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Peruvian Courts in Iquitos, Perú.
27. At Allinkana our healers function as spiritual guides and teachers. We offer ceremonies for the purpose of spiritual exploration and communion. In order to operate workshops in accordance with Peruvian Law, we require that you also understand and agree to the following:
Allinkana is not a medical facility and no health care is practiced under its direction. Its organizers and workers are not health care professionals and do not practice health care of any kind. Hence the events held at Allinkana do not contradict Peruvian Law N° 28538 (Ley N° 28538) concerning the illegal practice of Medicine.
(1) We do not offer advice, diagnosis, prescription, or administer or apply any means destined as health care, including if offered free of charge.
(2) We do not offer tests or information designed to support a diagnosis, prescription, or execution in reference to (1).
28. In accordance with the new safety measures, the Guest is advised that if they were to arrive to the retreat ill or in process with any variant of Covid 19, or any other contagious and virulent infection, they will be denied entry until we can ensure their condition is safe and not a hazard to the health of other guests and our staff members.
At Allinkana reservations will only proceed if the Guest has agreed to answer all questions honestly during the screening process, and by understanding they must complete all medical questionnaires and respond to all follow up questions in order to participate in a retreat. The Guest must agree to provide all relevant information regarding their medical history, mental and physical health, and any other information needed for this process.
Upon confirmation the guest will be notified by mail and asked to deposit the total fee for their retreat. This deposit will be made via bank transfer. In order to complete the registration process, preferably it should be deposited no later than thirty (30) days prior to the start of the retreat. Following the payment process, Allinkana will confirm registration and guarantee the Guest’s accommodation for that specific date and time frame.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
At Allinkana we have a waiting list which means that unforeseen cancellations can often have flow on effects which affect not only our operation logistics but also our capacity for attending to those seeking to stay with us.
Guests can book a retreat at any time of year up to a deadline of thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of a workshop. In the event a Guest is unable to attend the workshop as planned, the deposit will be refunded, minus the e-transfer charges, bank transfer fee or any additional charge, providing the Guest notifies Allinkana by email thirty (30) days prior to the date of commencement.
The Guest may also opt to reschedule their retreat to another date within the time frame of one (1) year, in which case the deposit will be retained. Rescheduling will be accepted up to 15 days prior to the date of retreat.
Should the Guest decide to cancel their reservation past the 30 day mark or simply not show up for the retreat, they will no longer be entitled to a refund. Also no refunds will be issued in case of premature termination during a retreat. This also includes loss or damage resulting from insufficient or improperly issued passports, visas or other travel documents.